Monday, January 26, 2009

Words of wisdom, from one generation to another.

I was cleaning out my inbox tonight and thought I'd share this wonderful nugget from an e-mail one of my besties sent me around the Christmastime breakup.

The e-mail was titled: "A Message From My Mother."

It follows, verbatim, below.

Here's how the conversation went:


Me: (Noodles) texted me. She might be breaking up with her boyfriend.
Mom: Oh, that's too bad. What happened?
Me: I don't know. I haven't talked to her yet.
Mom: Well, I have something to tell both you and (Noodles).
Me: What's that?
Mom: Men are like subways. If you miss one, you just catch the next one.
Me: Yeah...
Mom: And if it's late at night, you just jump on anything.
Me: Mom!
Mom: What?! I heard it on the television!

(Actually, I'm afraid the way it went was... If it's late at night, you just jump on anything that comes...)

2 comments:

The Modern Gal said...

I think I'm blushing

Anonymous said...

Minus the inappropriateness, Grandad once said the same thing to me about women, just with buses as the example. Well, marginally inappropriate, as he said that "Women are like buses... if you stand on a street corner long enough another one will come along."