Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Vintage winter

Tomorrow's high is -1. That's right. The high temperature won't crack zero. That doesn't even account for the wind chill.

So, while I sip tea and procrastinate on writing something for work, I thought I'd share with you some great vintage winter pictures, courtesy of Millie Motts.

I like to think that this is a very chic 1940s or 50s version of my imaginary alter ego, running down the mountain to work, or to meet some handsome intellectual professor/scientist type while discussing global affairs and politics.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

My car didn't start this morning...I HATE the cold in Chicago...or anywhere for that matter. Oh well...at least we have tea and vintage pictures. :)

The Modern Gal said...

Holy crap! That looks just like me when I ski! :)