Saturday, October 18, 2008

Smartypants!

Today was filled with musical moments (more on that later, but suffice it to say that I FINALLY saw Wicked.)

The Mother and I wrapped up our busy night listening to music, sipping wine and reading. (We're such an intellectual family. Or just have livers of steel.)

I wound up playing her my new personal anthem, a song I discovered thanks to the most faburific mix CD made by my pal Amy.

The song is called "Smart Girls" and is by Jonathan Rundman.

The lyrics were so good, I couldn't help but share with you guys, because ... you're either a smart girl or, hopefully, in love with or looking for one.

I highly recommend, by the way, you look for an MP3 version of the song, because it's damn catchy.


SMART GIRLS

listen to me boys and learn important things
benefit from wisdom that experience brings
I will be specific, I will be direct
when you look for love, look for intellect

smart girls shine like laser light
‘cause they’re so sharp and they’re so bright
smart girls know the human heart
‘cause love is science, love is art

smart girls do their best and take a second look
smart girls wear their glasses to read their books
practice the piano in the afternoon
and hold your hand by the light of the moon

smart girls shine like laser light
‘cause they’re so sharp and they’re so bright
smart girls know the human heart
‘cause love is science, love is art
you’ll do well if you take my advice:
fall in love with a smart girl

smart girls make the grade, study through the night
smart girls pass the test, get the answers right
they’ll meet you after class at the library
and speak your name so quietly

smart girls shine like laser light
‘cause they’re so sharp and they’re so bright
smart girls know the human heart
‘cause love is science, love is art
you’ll do well if you take my advice:
fall in love with a smart girl

No comments: