Friday, October 31, 2008

I heart presents


I know, I know. The joy is in giving, not receiving. But I love presents. LOVE! LOVE! LOVE presents. There's nothing better than coming home from work and seeing a lovely stamp-covered box waiting by my mailbox. (I really do like giving people stuff too. But, c'mon, how do you not love getting stuff?)

So, I did a little screechy/squeely happy dance when I saw this a post for Sew Liberated's Holiday Traditions Exchange.

Think Secret Santa. But cooler! And with strangers!

Here's how it works:
After you sign up for the swap, organizers e-mail you the name of your swap buddy. Your pass along mailing addresses. And each party has to send the other a handmade holiday decoration, a copy of a favorite holiday recipe, a "tradition tutorial" where you write a note about your family's holiday celebration; and a mix cd or book, which is optional.


The Holiday Traditions Exchange is a swap that incorporates craft, cultural
sharing, and thoughtful reflection about what the holidays mean to your family.
It’s an opportunity to celebrate all that is non-commercial in this holiday
season – and an opportunity to adopt a new, fun tradition for your family’s
holiday repertoire.

I think it sounds badass. Plus, I totally confess to being in love with the idea of getting presents in the mail! I'm already thinking of what I'm going to make...

1 comment:

Melaina25 said...

Awww man I missed the cut off date :(