Tuesday, December 2, 2008

And the bidding will start at ... (hopefully.)


My office does a super cool thing where every Christmas we gather all the free stuff we received that we're ethically bound not to keep and hold a silent auction among the staff. The stuff collects all year and then whatever proceeds we get is donated to a local food bank.

Usually, it's a bunch of books, toys, some bottles of wine, gadgets, DVDs, and other random assorted crap that people send us.

Since I'm feeling so crafttastic, I whipped up this smaller version of my runner to throw into the auction. I toned down the funky fabrics, knowing that most of my coworkers are full-fledged grownups and probably not in love with polka dots and vibrant colors the way I am. (BTW, sorry for the glare on the picture. I was lazy tonight with my lighting.)
Because I'm a paranoid worrier, I'm concerned that a) no one will want to bid on it or b) they'll hate it but still feel compelled to make an offer because they know I made it and they don't want to offend me.

So, I've got my fingers and toes (but not legs... snicker) crossed, hoping that it at least gets some bids. That would be great because it would, you know, totally help charity. AND because it would give me a good test market for how I should price items in my forthcoming Etsy store.

Here's hoping it does well! I'll let you know when bids close in a week or so.

1 comment:

The Modern Gal said...

Um, I'm pretty sure that will stand out (in a good way) from the crappy books and CDs our offices usually get.

Have you done some searching on Etsy to see what other people are selling their table runners for?