Monday, November 24, 2008

Noodles' day off.

So, I wasn't Ferris. But my day off was pretty spectacular anyway. Especially because I did pretty much everything on my list. The place was clean _ briefly. The clothes were laundered and (mostly) put away. I lounged in my jammies way beyond any respectable hour. And, best of all, I got to sew.

I decided to take remnants from The Boy's stocking and make smaller stocking ornaments. I'm not sure how I feel about how they turned out, but I think they'll do for now. At least for my aforementioned bloggy gift exchange.

Watcha think?




I know they look really painfully handmade (I wish I could claim an elementary schooler did them, not someone with a now-diminished 401(k)... Thanks Wall Street.) But I digress...

The real fun part of the project was doing some simple machine quilting. Trust me when I say it's nothing fabulous, but it's my first endeavor.
Here's a close up:





I'm currently working on three more big stockings -- one for me, and one for The Mom and The Dad, who will be descending ... er, arriving ... on my wonderful abode for Christmas. They have crappy dollar store ones for their now annual Christmas visits, but The Boy's turned out so well, I couldn't resist the idea of doing more. I promise I'll post pictures soon. Plus, that means I'll be able to make a bunch more of these little ornaments. So hopefully by then, they won't suck as much. And who knows, lovely readers. Maybe you'll be the lucky recipient of a few!

3 comments:

Lido Vizzutti said...

"suck so much..." - no way lady. I think they rock! If I had tiny little feet I would wear them. I don't know anything about sewing, but I think the wandering lines create personality - perfection is boring. Happy day off and happy Turkey Day.

Melaina25 said...

Um, those do not look like a child made them in any way, shape or form!

SUPER CUTE!

Sarah said...

I think they're nice...love that fabric toward the toes! Have a good Thanksgiving!