Monday, November 24, 2008

The world is my oyster.


OMFG! I HAVE TODAY OFF!! (Does happy dance while wearing jammies. Dog stares blankly before returning to burrowing in my bed.)

But seriously. YAY! I'm so freaking excited. It's sick.

Now, in all fairness, I only have today off because I'm working on Saturday. But still. Whatever. A whole damn day to myself.

Of course, I'm a freak who must make lists (seriously, Excel was invented for nerds like me.) But I'm stuck because there's so much to do and I can't figure out where to begin. Among my options:

_ Sleep. (After all. I am still wearing jammies. And it's cold and half raining/half snowing outside. PERFECT for snuggling under covers with a Mutt.)

_ Read. I went to the library on Saturday and picked up four books. I've already finished 1.5. Yes. I know. I need a life.

_ Clean. While I love The Boy dearly, it's been a bit of a shock to my anal-retentive self to be sharing a place with him. After all, I am an only child and have lived by myself for the last six years. And now, I'm sharing my teeny, tiny, itsy bitsy space with another human. And it sometimes _ just sometimes _ makes me batty. (Love you, sweetie!) But he's at work today, which means I can clean and tidy and organize to my heart's desire. Purging shit I don't need. Organizing. Laundry-ing.

_ Sew. I told you my sewing machine is on its last leg. What I didn't tell you is that I have a guardian angel. The wonderful, wonderful Colette loaned me an extra Singer machine she has. This means I can finish my Christmas presents. I'm eternally grateful and plan to return the machine with a kick-ass bottle of pinot noir and some scrumptious homemade sugar cookies as a thank you.

_ Shop. Two words: Jo-Ann Fabrics. Two more: Christmas stocking. See sewing above.

Wow. The possibilities are endless. And I just don't know where to begin. Suggestions?

1 comment:

The Modern Gal said...

Mondays off work are the greatest. I actually don't mind working on Saturdays to have them off.

Are you and the boy living together? Or is this a temporary thing?