Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanks. Guest Post. Part 1.

This guest post in the continuing "Thanks" series comes from my beloved SLS, my super duper friend extraordinaire who kicks ass in so many ways, hearts dogs as much as I do and happily lets me be a dirty bird without judgment. She's also terribly funny and, I hear, bakes one mean-ass pie. And no, I didn't pay her for the final point.

Enjoy.

__________________________

It's always hard to break the longing stare at what you don't have, what you think you want and what could be. But sometimes I look up and see how much I have and am happy. This Thanksgiving I'm thankful for so many things including:

-The dog laying next to me whose feet smell like Fritos
-The roommate on the chair near me who is nice, gives me advice and rent. AND she didn't throw up in my car last night when I drove her home from her birthday celebration
-My family
-My friends who are kind of family too
-The pies that are yet to be made
-The meal that is yet to be eaten
-All other wonderful, exciting and yummy things that are just around the corner in life. (like Noodles, didn't know her two years ago and couldn't make it a day without her now.)

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

No comments: