Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanks. Final.

Tomorrow's the first Sunday of Advent. It's my favorite time of the year _ when churches and street corners and living rooms smell like fresh-cut pine. Cookies are baking. Snow is (usually, anyway, here in Chicago) falling. And all just seems right in the world.

Christmas can crazy, too. So much rushing. So much stress. So much worry. So much debt. So much trying to impress.

That's not the part I like.

It's hard. Sometimes impossible, really, to step away from the chaos and focus on the part of the season that I love. So, as the holidays get whole-heartedly underway, here is my wish to you. That you take time to stop and smell the fur trees; pause under mistletoe; share _ share your time, resources, energy, gifts, waist-decimating baked goods; find a way to not get lost in the hustle; And most of all that you find ...


Photo from BeachBlogger.

2 comments:

Lido Vizzutti said...

Luv ya Noodles - I'm thankful for friends like you :)

The Modern Gal said...

I made some lists yesterday of what I need to get done before Christmas so nothing would sneak up on me and I can enjoy Christmas for all the things you just mentioned. I tend to like the hustle and bustle of it all, but my favorite part is the peaceful feeling that comes on Christmas Eve at midnight mass.

Merry Christmas season!