Monday, March 30, 2009

Up next!

Isn't it weird how inspiration strikes?

I was scrolling through my reader today and saw these super-fun blocks that Nettie, of A Quilt is Nice, made for her virtual quilting bees. I really liked her second-to-last block and it was what I needed to get started on my next project: simple, fun and not painful enough to make me consider bodily harm like my still-unfinished blooming nine patch.

Meanwhile, a charm pack of Anna Marie Horner's Good Folks collection came in the mail from Whipstitch and bam... I knew what I was going to do.


I'm sorting through my stash for purples, pinks, blues, and greens and making nine patch blocks out of five-by-five inch squares. Since I'm obsessed with fabric by Amy Butler, Heather Bailey, Art Gallery and, of course, the aforementioned Anna Marie Horner, it will pretty be made up entirely of their designs. Of course, to make a queen-size bed spread, I need 508 blocks -- assuming my math is correct.

I'm hoping to get everything cut this week and then start piecing the squares into blocks to get a sense of what goes and what doesn't.

Woot for new projects! (Even if, er, the old ones aren't done yet.)

No comments: