Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Christmas. In September.

Sometime in late August I was standing in my dining nook sewing room wearing thread-covered yoga pants and a ratty sport bra, hair askew, while I was sweating like I'd just finished a bikram class. I was plowing my way through a bottle of wine and slicing Christmas fabric (yes, Christmas fabric. Bite me.) while the mutt princess stared at me.

At that moment a single thought flashed in my head: this, right here, is why I'm single.

Relationship woes aside (and, for record, that moment was sort of perfect. Or would have been if it involved a better cutting table and some cheese. Preferably brie. Or gouda. Or really, anything. I'm not picky when it comes to my favorite food group.), I'm plowing my way through a Christmas quilt. Because, what says August September -- like sleighbells and shit?

Here's a sneak peak.



P.S. If someone hasn't already, I'm declaring turquoise as a Christmas color. Don't even try to disagree with me.

4 comments:

♥Duff said...

Any blue works for me, but I've just completed a project with a soft teal-y blue (henry glass, hip Christmas) and love it.

The beauty of being single is that you can quilt until the wee hours and no one gives you any verbal backlash. That and you won't find someone else's knickers in the wash pile. yeek.

Noodles said...

A-freakin'-men, lady. :-)

Margie said...

No, you're not crazy. If we don't start holiday crafts now, when will we get to showcase them during the holidays or give them as gifts. Love your color choices and can't wait to see it.

The Modern Gal said...

Aww, that fabric looks so fun! I've been incorporating a lot of light green and pink (like the polka dot swatch) into my Christmas stuff, so why not turquoise?