Monday, May 25, 2009

San Francisco fabric store suggestions?

On Thursday, I'll be flying out at the ass-crack of dawn (Seriously, what jackass books a 5 a.m. flight? Oh. Wait.) to head to San Francisco for an extra-long weekend with some friends. We've got a loose itinerary of stuff to do, which also includes hefty amount of time for hanging out and boozing.

But I was hoping to hit up some fun and fab fabric shops. Of course, I'm stumped on places to go. I *may* have access to wheels, but I'm hoping whatever is around is public transit accessible and preferably in the city.

A co-worker suggested I get my cute butt over to Berkeley to check out StoneMountain & Daughter. Any other ideas of cool places in the city? And by cool I mean, calico is all but banished.

2 comments:

Megan said...

I have a feeling there's probably plenty of calico, but surely other gems as well, at Urban Burp (and, really, how can you go wrong with a fabric store called Urban Burp?). They specialize in vintage fabrics.

170 Columbus Ave., Suite 110
San Francisco, CA
415.399.8761

P.S. Love your blog and just added the link to my page.

Anonymous said...

Miss Megan,
You are FAN-FREAKIN'-TABULOUS! Seriously, thanks for the recommendation. And the shout out! Which, is especially cool because I a huge (hear that?! HUGE!) fan of your blog. LURVE it.
Lots o' love (and bottles of wine)
- Noodles