Tuesday, May 19, 2009

How her garden grows.

A green thumb I am not. Instead, I'm a plant murder who commits aggravated, first-degree herbicide. (Chlorocide? Faunacide? Floracide?)

I over-water. Under-sun. Under-water or over-sun. Usually in two weeks, the plant begins to look sickly. A month later, it's time for a funeral. (Other than a once lush and leafy green houseplant, the only thing that faces a swifter certain death in my care is a gold fish. And trust me, I have ample evidence to back up both.)

Since I also lack a learning curve and am fond of reliving my idiotic errors over and over again every year when the temperature climbs I convince myself that I really am FINALLY going to be a capable of raising a plant baby from seed to sprouthood and beyond.

Enter this year: I spied two cute all-in-one herb growing kits for basil and cilantro at a home improvement store. With a price of $2.99 each, I figured I'd give it one more go.

And, BEHOLD!

Cilantro! That is taller every day I get home from work!






Lookie! Itty bitty basil, just waiting to be added to a summer salad!







Maybe this means that I'm not a total failure.

1 comment:

Melaina25 said...

Cilantro is the devil; that is all.