Monday, August 15, 2011

Speaking of....

Speaking of books, the super-awesome Nicole over at Nicole is Better just posted about her experience plowing through the entire Harry Potter series (for the first time) in the last two weeks.

An excerpt from her post:

The upside of this is that Harry Potter makes your heart feel good. The downside is that you’ll quickly realize how boring your stupid ordinary life is, and you’ll be very sad when the books are over and no one around you is making cars fly or spontaneously morphing into a dog. See also: cooking dinner by bewitching knives to chop the ingredients, disappearing from one place and immediately appearing in another, regrowing broken bones, and fighting dragons. Nothing gives you street cred like fighting a fucking dragon.

Damn, I have a girl-crush on her. Anyway. Read it. Remember the books. Peace out.

2 comments:

Emily Suess said...

I'm still avoiding all things HP. I have similar plans to read them all at once and I want to be totally surprised.

I haven't even seen more than about 5 minutes of any of the movies. :)

Noodles said...

Ooooh. I cannot wait for your thoughts when you finally dive in...