Tuesday, August 9, 2011

A pageland eulogy.

Thanks to my editing gig, I don't write much for work these days. So when I was asked to write an essay about the end of the 200-year-old U.S. House of Representatives Page Program, I jumped at the chance. (I also almost yakked before the thing got posted, but that's another story.)

Here's my short piece on the year I spent as a high school junior living and working on Capitol Hill and how it changed my life.

Enjoy.

- Noodles, whose cover is officially blown by posting a link to something with my name on it. But that's OK.



4 comments:

Emily Suess said...

The link doesn't work for me. :(

Noodles said...

Crappity crap. Try now. :)

Erin said...

Very well said, my friend (an no gramatical errors that I could see, hehe).

♥Duff said...

Wow! There is a beautiful flow to your writing; you definitely found your calling! I really enjoyed the "eulogy." Was I supposed to look for grammar errors? The only things that jumped out at me were 1. I think we went back to a comma before "and" in a 3 or more string. 2. this: "Ashley Heher is as an AP editor in Chicago." Is "is as an" a typo or what does it mean?
OH, and for some reason I wanted to make goodnight one word but I double-checked and it is two separate words. Thanks for teaching me something!