Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Grawr! And necklaces!

This afternoon I used a power tool! All by my cute little self! Ok, technically I used the cordless drill I've owned for years and used every so often. But whatever. I'm always impressed when I manage to measure twice, drill once successfully. Especially when I do it with all my digits intact.

Anyway, I've had a wall hanger thingy for years that I got God knows where. Back in the fall I painted it and just haven't gotten around to hanging it. Until today.

Behold! The perfect necklace organizer.




Of course, I lack the abilty to take just ONE picture of something. Here's a close up of one of my favorite necklaces that I got a cool store in Milwaukee. Any guesses why I love it so much?


(Fact: The necklace behind it is an old typewriter key with my first initial.)

And since it's Valentine's Day, here's a close up of my red necklaces. I like this because the Asian-themed one is a piece I bought in Chinatown during my trip to San Francisco. The other one belonged to my grandmother, who died last month. I got to take home a few pieces of jewelry that she had and I love it. It's a little long for me (what with the ginormous boobs and all), but I like knowing that it belonged to her.)


For the record, I have more necklaces on it now, so it looks less, uh, weird. Anyway, yay for the power drill!

1 comment:

The Modern Gal said...

Yay for the San Francisco necklace!