Thursday, February 11, 2010

In which I clean. Sorta.

So, I've been on a staycation this week. (Jealous?)

And while it hasn't been nearly as productive as I would have liked, I'm proud to say that I've been watching TV, eating brownie batter, bubble bathing, reading, reading, reading and sleeping to my little heart's content.

Of course, I've done less organizing, cleaning and sewing than I hoped. But I don't go back to work until Tuesday, so there's still time.

When I was taking pictures of the fruits of my power tool labor, I thought I'd take a few pictures of my FINALLY clean bedroom and show off some of my favoritey little things.

OMG! ISN'T THIS THE MOST EXCITING THING EVER!?! .... Or, uh, something.

Up first. What I'm reading right now. And after being forced to read it in school, I've got to say, I'm pleasantly surprised. In fact, I sorta love this book. Go Bronte sisters.



Next we go to who I came from. Ish. This is a pictures of my great grandmother on her wedding day. Next to it is some fancy pants letter press of a fiddle (an instrument I occasionally play, if given enough alcohol first), made by Yee Haw Industries and sent to me by the always awesome Currer Bell as a birthday present last year.



Speaking of Currer Bell, here's a great lamp she and some of my Chattanooga besties bought me for a birthday many many moons ago. See that stuff in the background? That's the 8 gazillion inches of snow that fell in Chicago.



The lamp lives on my desk, which for the next 10 minutes will remain organized. Or so I hope. I spend more time than is healthy here. Occupational hazard, and all.



Next, some desk lovelies. Some make me laugh. Some inspire me. Some are just, well, crude. But then again so am I. It's why you heart me.

A Christmas card I couldn't bear to send and instead I try to remember the message all year. Look closely: You can see a Noodles in the reflection. Aww.



My little desk Jesus!! He hangs out next to the post card. Yes. I love to be weird. In fact, I delight in it.



And then finally, my beloved bulletin board. Made by my grandfather when my mom was little, it's a stalwart.


The end. Please, tip your tour guide.

2 comments:

Ms. H said...

I <3 your desk!!! It's extra-spiffy!

The Alexandrian said...

You are very crafty. (and organized) I like it.