Thursday, December 31, 2009

In which I cook steak and mock poor spellers

Some of you will be ringing in the new year with style. I will be ringing in the new year in my jammies, kissing the mutt dog at midnight and enjoying a super fabulous steak dinner I plan to cook for myself to celebrate my first-ever 100 percent solo New Year's Eve.

Of course, the folks at my neighborhood grocery store helped make what could have been a sorta depressing evening into one that produced several moments of snickering and word-nerd superiority.

Why? Well, let's just say I hope you enjoy this visual proof of my soon-to-be-cooked filet mignon.



Sigh. Spelling fail, Jewel.

1 comment:

The Modern Gal said...

You haven't heard of mognon? It's an ultra-special kind of filet only sold for special New Year's celebrations :)